This was a pale that I made using a batch of fresh Centennial hops that I got, along with just a touch of dried hops, (the variety of which I do not remember) for a little bitterness. The nose is faintly grassy but reasonably pleasant, if not too strong in the mouth.
It was also a beer I made using the partial mash brewing method for the first time. I wasn’t able to get much conversion of sugars from that mash, which meant that the body of the beer suffered.
So what I have here is a beer that doesn’t have much in the way of a hop emphasis, coupled with a beer that doesn’t have much body. It’s got a distinct tea-like element which is offputting, at least for me. I’ve never really been a fan of tea, unless I was sick.
Unfortunately, this is one of the beers that had its recipe lost in the Great Laptop Crash. I can tell you it’s not bad but I can’t tell you precisely how it was made. Sigh. Technology gives and technology taketh.